Prof. John Childress
Most strategic plans fail to deliver competitive value because of poor execution. A strategy is a set of plans and objectives, but strategy execution is critical to business growth and competitive advantage. Do you know the barriers to effective execution in your organization? This workshop will engage participants in exploring the hidden barriers to strategy execution. These are the barriers that leaders, with knowledge and insight, can effectively reverse, thus ensuring a higher probability of delivering strategic value. Participants will explore the major execution barriers, determine the degree to which they exist inside their own organization, and learn best practices to overcome execution barriers. Be prepared to look at all areas of your organization, including poor leadership behaviors, dysfunctional corporate culture, disconnected initiatives, silo thinking, and lack of shared objectives. This will be a hands-on workshop and participants will walk away with ideas and actions to implement immediately.
What you will learn
- Gain a working understanding of the hidden barriers to strategy execution.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your companies’ strategy execution plans.
- Explore the role of corporate culture in your company in relation to strategy execution.
- The importance of having a robust strategy execution business process and the importance of governance.
- How to translate strategic objectives into initiatives with KPIs and defined accountabilities.
- How to engage the entire workforce for effective strategy execution.